Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hey, Mary Ann, we want to believe you.....could you please send us some documentation?

Jim N. Reed to John Curry, November 9, 2008
Subject: Re: STRS......that's their story and they're stickin' with it

John, I just finished reading the "letter of opportunity" to STRS members from the STRS Board Chair.
Even Billo could not unspin this.
As usual, when I attempt to digest info from our board I usually get nothing but indigestion.
Are you kidding me?
The board really appreciates the "opportunity to thank membership for sharing their thoughts." Why not call the "opportunity" a need, a responsibility, an obligation? And "thoughts" seems a bit mild from what I have read. What about disillusionment, disgust, disdain?
Where and who are all the "members who have written in support of this program (PBI's)"? I have not seen even an anonymous member's support. Did I miss something?
Membership is lauded for its "valuable input." Where the heck is there any evidence that members' concerns, past or present, have ever been addressed with a positive outcome for members (with the exception of items tirelessly addressed by Dr. Leone and Mr. Lazares)?
Is it not a bit of an understatement to suggest that the board is aware of the "interest this topic has generated among some members"? What about resentment and many.
I also need some assistance in locating those examples of the board "managing responsibilities with care and diligence." The authors of ORC 3307.15 should be insulted.
If it walks like a skunk, looks like a skunk, and smells like a skunk.........
I guess my bias is showing. Guilty.
Jim N. Reed
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company